Physical Therapist Application
We are pleased to learn of your interest in the Lake Land College Physical Therapist Assistant Program. To be considered a candidate, you must have your application file completed by March 1 for consideration for the fall term. Incomplete files will not be considered.
It is the applicant's responsibility to:
- Complete the Lake Land College admission application and place on file in the Admissions Office, as a Career Track – Physical Therapist Assistant major (Major code – AAS.PTA.TRK).
- Complete the information on each tab of the Physical Therapist Assistant application form below.
- Take the College assessment test – (reading, English, math). Contact the Learning Assistance Center at 217-234-5301 to set up a time for the assessment test. (PTA applicants are eligible to take the assessment tests up to three times.)
- Submit official high school and/or other college transcript(s) to the Admissions Office to show completion of the one (1) Biology prerequisite course (one year high school biology/zoology/A & P, or Lake Land College Basic Anatomy and Physiology (BIO050) or Bio Science I (BIO100) or Human Anatomy and Physiology I (BIO225) or Human Anatomy and Physiology II (BIO226) or equivalent) with a "C" or better within the past five (5) years. Contact the Admissions Office at (217) 234-5434 with questions regarding transcripts on file.
- Additional documents will be required once accepted into the program: a.) documentation of PT observation or experience hours b.) health exam and immunization records c.) CPR certification
Once again, it is your responsibility to see that your file is completed before March 1 of the year that you are applying for. If you have any further questions about the program, please call us at 217-540-3535 or 217-540-3551. We wish you well in your academic endeavors.
Martha Mioux, PT, MHS
Please make sure you fill out everything under the Personal Information, Education, and Declaration of Intent headers BEFORE you click the submit button that is located under the Declaration of Intent.