Lake Land College offers a variety of community courses this April
The Lake Land College Office of Community and Professional Programs will offer several community courses throughout the month of April. Find a new hobby, brush up on a skill and have some fun with Lake Land College!
The course details and information are as follows:
• Take pictures you’ll want to print out! All About Digital Photography, CNC-019-24003, will meet Tuesdays, April 2 through May 7, in Effingham at the Kluthe Center, room 201 from 6:30 - 9:30 p.m., All About Digital Photography, CNC-019-26088, will meet on Thursdays, April 4 through May 9, on the Lake Land College campus in Neal Hall, room 115 from 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. The course will cover topics including lighting, exposure, focusing, metering, white balance and more. The cost of the class at either location is $110.
• Too busy taking care of everyone but yourself? Health Retreat & Spa Day, CE-HLTH147-28574, will meet on Saturday, April 6 from 1 – 4 p.m., in Sullivan at the tranquil, two acre Coyote Cabins Retreat. Dr. Nancy Selvidge will educate on natural approaches to health that rejuvenate the body. The day will include a facial, a reflexology session and health consultations. The cost of the class is $45.
• Want to learn the basics of golf? Join Kelly Spaulding to learn the fundamentals of putting, chipping, pitching, and the long game. Golf for Beginners, CE-RECR107-28466, will meet on Mondays and Thursdays, April 15 – April 25, at Mattoon Meadow View Golf Course from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. The cost of the class is $30. Participants can bring their own clubs or they will be provided.
• Writing Your Life Story, CE-WRIT108-28501, will meet on Tuesday, April 16 from 9 -11 a.m., at the Life Span Center on Loxa Road in Mattoon. The cost of the class is $20. Instructor Shirley Splittstoesser will show you several styles for writing your memoirs. You choose the style that is right for you and your “slice of life.” Students should bring a pack of index cards.
• Crochet a Necklace & Bracelet, CE-ARTS169-28477, will meet Tuesday, April 16 from 1 – 3 p.m., at the Life Span Center on Loxa Road in Mattoon. The cost of the class is $23. Instructor Shirley Splittstoesser will show you how to crochet a six strand necklace and four strand bracelet that will look like it is beaded! Ribbon and yarn are included. Students should bring an H, I or J crochet hook and scissors.
• Come let the Sweets show you how to move your Rumba up a notch with some great new moves. Rumba the Next Level, CE-RECR193-28255, will meet on Sundays, April 21 – May 12 from 2:10 – 3 p.m., in Webb Hall, room 81 on Lake Land College campus. CE-RECR193-28264 will meet on Sundays, April 21 – May 12 from 5:10 – 6 p.m., at Effingham St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital auditorium. The cost of the class is $36.
• Want to learn one of the hottest new dances of today? Join Scott and Cheryl Sweet and be the envy of your friends. West Coast Swing, CE-RECR181-28254, will meet on Sundays, April 21 – May 12, from 1:10 – 2 p.m. in Webb Hall, room 81 on Lake Land College campus. West Coast Swing, CE-RECR181-28263, will meet on Sundays, April 21 – May 12 from 4:10 – 5 p.m., at Effingham St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital auditorium. The cost of either class is $36.
• Have a little experience in golf but want to learn the finer points of the game? Golf for Intermediates, CE-RECR170-28467, will meet on Mondays and Thursdays, April 29 through May 9 from 5:30 – 7 p.m., at the Mattoon Meadow View Golf Course. The cost is $40. Instructor Kelly Spaulding will cover all areas of golf with you, making you a much more knowledgeable golfer.
• Learn the basics of beading by making two sets of bracelets and two sets of matching earrings. Beading Earrings & Bracelet, CE-ARTS180-28480, will meet Tuesday, April 30 from 9 – 11 a.m., in Mattoon at the Workforce Development Center, room 105. The cost of the course is $25. Instructor Shirley Splittstoesser will provide an assortment of beads, material for stretch bracelets with faux clasps and findings for both clip–on and pierced earrings are included. Please bring scissors.
• Crochet a Frilly Scarf that forms graceful swirls as it drapes around your neck. CE-ARTS211-28511 will meet Tuesday, April 30 from 1 – 3 p.m., in Mattoon at the Workforce Development Center, room 105. The cost is $23. A selection of colorful yarns will be provided by instructor Shirley Splittstoesser. Please bring a small steel crochet hook size US2, US3 or metric 2.25.
For More information, contact the Office of Community and Professional Programs at 217-234-5219.
To register online using Visa/MC/Discover, go to www.lakelandcollege.edu/learn. Choose the location, and then find the course of your choice. To register by phone, call Admissions and Records at 217-234-5434. Phone registration is not available for courses with a CNC prefix. You will be sent a statement for payment. The Drop Date for a refund is five business days prior to the start of the class.
Send this article to a friend