LAKER NATION NEWS
Lake Land College offers a variety of community courses this November
Posted on October 24, 2013
The Lake Land College office of Community and Professional Programs will offer several community courses throughout the month of November. Find a new hobby, brush up on a skill and have some fun with Lake Land College!
The course details and information are as follows:
• Learn what social networking is and how to use it. In, Social Networking Made Simple, instructor, Wrobria Roberts, will help you explore social websites and programs, including Facebook, Pinterest and Skype. CNC-030-30783 will meet on Fridays, Nov. 1 – Nov. 22 from 5 – 7 p.m. in Webb Hall, room 106. The cost of the class is $59 and includes a flash drive.
• Learn the basic terminology and navigational skills required to surf and search the internet. This includes downloading files and taking internet safety precautions. Learn the basics of e-mail and how to attach a document or picture to your e-mail. Instructor, Wrobria Roberts, will guide you through the process step by step. CNC-030-30782, Internet Skills Made Simple, will meet Saturdays, Nov. 2 – Nov. 23 from 5 – 7 p.m. in Webb Hall, room 106. The cost of the class is $59 and includes a flash drive.
• Night club two step is the perfect dance for those slow ballads and love songs of the 70s and 80s. It is a useful dance to know for weddings, parties or just a night on the town. Cheryl and Scott Sweet will guide you step-by-step through the dance. No dance experience required. No partner is needed but is suggested. Beginning Night Club, CE-RECR179-30990 will meet Sundays, Nov. 3 – Nov. 24 from 2:10 – 3 p.m. in Webb Hall, room 081. The cost of the class is $36. A second class will be offered at the EMA building in Effingham. CE-RECR179-30991 will meet on Sundays, Nov. 3 – Nov. 24 from 4:10 - 5 p.m. The cost of the class is $36.
• You learned the basics in Cha Cha for Beginners, now you’re ready to take it to a new level and set the dance floor on fire! Cheryl and Scott Sweet will show you advanced footwork, timing and some sassy Cha Cha variations. No partner is needed, but is suggested. Cha Cha the Next Level, CE-RECR194-30768 will meet Sundays, Nov. 3 – Nov. 24 from 1:10 – 2 p.m. in Webb Hall, room 081. The cost of the class is $36. A second class will be offered in Effingham at the EMA building. CE-RECR194-30771 will meet Sundays, Nov. 3 – Nov. 24 from 5:10 – 6 p.m. The cost of the class is $36.
• Your life story is unique! Would you like to learn how to preserve your slice of life in writing? Join instructor, Shirley Splittstoesser, in Writing Your Life Story and learn seven styles for writing your memoir. Additional topics will include shortcuts to successful writing and inexpensive self-publishing. CE-WRIT108-30790 will meet on Monday, Nov. 11 from 9 – 11 a.m. in Webb Hall, room 081. Please bring a pack of index cards to class with you. The cost of the class is $20.
• Crochet a frilly scarf that forms graceful swirls as it drapes around your neck. These will make wonderful gifts for the coming holiday. Instructor, Shirley Splittstoesser, will show you step-by-step how to create this lovely scarf. CE-ARTS211-30787 will meet Monday, Nov. 11 from 1– 3 p.m. in Neal Hall, room 113. Please bring an H, I, or J crochet hook to class with you. A selection of colorful yarns will be provided for you to choose from. The cost of the class is $25.
For more information, or for an enrollment form, contact the Office of Community and Professional Programs at (217)-234-5219. To register online using a VISA/MC/Discover, go to www.lakeland.cc.il.us/learn choose the course number desired. To register by phone, call Admissions and Records (217)-234-5434. You will be sent a statement for payment. The drop date for a refund is five business days prior to the start of the class.
Send this article to a friend