Lake Land College offers a variety of community courses this March
The Lake Land College Office of Community and Professional Programs will offer several credit and /or non-credit community courses throughout the month of March. Find a new hobby, brush up on a skill and have some fun with Lake Land College!
The course details and information are as follows:
• Explore the World of Water Color: course number CNC-014-29145. The class will meet Mon. March 4 – April 15 from 6:30 – 9 p.m. in Effingham at the Kluthe Center, room 201. The class will be taught by Rebecca Marcussen. Watercolor techniques will be explored as each student develops his/her own style. Independent projects will be encouraged and most materials will be provided. Class will not meet on March 11. The cost for the course is $109.
• Let Cheryl and Scott Sweet show you how to add some flashy moves to your dance. Learn some cool moves that will make your friends envy you at your next gathering. Night Club 2 Step Advanced Course, CE-RECR191-28261, will meet Sunday March 17 – April 14 from 5:10 – 6 p.m. in Effingham in St. Anthony’s Auditorium. Course CE-RECR191-28253 will meet Sunday March 17 – April 14 from 2:10 – 3 p.m. on Lake Land College Campus in Webb Hall, room 081. No partner is needed, but is suggested. The cost of the course is $36.
• Learn to do the Rumba and wow others on the dance floor. Rumba for Beginners, CE-RECR190-28260, will meet Sunday March 17- April 14 from 4:10 – 5 p.m. in Effingham at St. Anthony’s auditorium. Course CE-RECR190-28251 will meet Sunday March 17- April 14 from 1:10 – 2 p.m. on Lake Land College campus in Webb Hall, room 81. The cost of the each course is $36 and no dance experience necessary.
• Learn how to feel more empowered as a parent during seven difficult development stages including unexplained nightly crying, night waking, separation anxiety, exploration, picky eater, toilet training and negativity. Cheri Burcham of the University of Illinois Extension Center will show you how to make parenting less stressful and more enjoyable by helping you understand your young child. Your Young Child: Parenting, course CNC-018-28520, will meet Tuesday March 19 – April 30 from 6:30 – 8 p.m. On March 19, class will be until 8 p. m. in Neal Hall, room 113 on Lake Land College Campus. The cost of the course is $47.50.
• Immerse yourself in theatre games, group exercises and scene work with instructor Earl Halbe. Acting Intermediate, course CE-ARTS200-28578 (ages 12 to 17), and CNC-026-28577 (adult), is open to students who have completed the Fundamentals of Acting. Class will meet Wednesday March 20 – May 8 from 6:30 – 8 p.m. on Lake Land College campus in the Theater. Cost of the course is $70.
• Expand your vocal abilities and explore different singing styles in both group and solo settings, in Vocal Techniques II with instructor Elizabeth Halbe. This class is open to students who have completed Vocal Techniques I or have had formal instruction. The class number is CE-ARTS202-28524 (ages 12-17) and CNC-026-28523 (adult). It will meet Thursday March 21 – May 9 from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. in Neal Hall, room 109 on Lake Land College Campus. The cost of the course is $50.
For more information or a registration form, call the Office of Community and Professional Programs at 217-234-5434.
To register online using a VISA/MC, go to www.lakelandcollege.edu/noncredit and enter the course number. The drop date is five business days prior to the start of class. To register by phone, call Admissions and Records at 217-234-5434. You will be sent a statement for payment.
Director of Marketing and Public Relations
Marketing Design Coordinator
Marketing Production Specialist
Marketing Design Coordinator