Non-Degree Seeking Student Checklist

Get Started:

  1. Complete a Laker Profile and submit the Intent to Enroll.
    Undecided about your major? Explore the 150 majors we offer.
  2. Submit your ACT/SAT scores online through the ACT and SAT websites and/or take the college placement test.
    As a non-degree seeking student, you are not required to take our placement test unless you plan to take math, reading or English courses.

Next Steps:

  1. Register for courses for the upcoming semester through the Laker Hub or by phone, 217-234-5434. 
  2. Get your Student ID.
    This can be done once you have registered for classes. You will need your ID to pick up your textbooks.
  3. Pay your bill or sign up for the Nelnet payment plan by the due date.
    Your bill will be posted in the Laker Hub; you will not receive a paper bill. Bills may be paid in person, by phone, or online through the Laker Hub. Students can provide access to their bills to a parent, guardian or significant other via the Parent Portal.
  4. Print your textbook list and bring it, along with your Student ID, to pick up your textbooks in the Bookstore.
    Dates and times for book pick-up can be found on the Laker Calendar.
  5. Review the Laker Calendar for important dates regarding classes and deadlines.

Get Connected:

  1. Log in to Laker Hub.
    Access your user ID and password by clicking on “What’s My User ID?”, “What’s My Password?”, and fill in the information accordingly.
  2. Check your Laker Mail in the Laker Hub.
    We recommend syncing your Laker Mail (an Outlook Exchange email product) with your phone or forwarding your Laker Mail to a Gmail or Yahoo account .
  3. Check out Student Life to see how you can become involved in the many sports, clubs, and other activities that Lake Land College has to offer.
  4. Explore student support services available to you. 
    The Tutoring & Testing Center offers free tutoring, TRiO Student Support Services provides personalized counseling and guidance as you work towards your goals, and Career Services can help you explore and prepare for careers during and after college.
  5. Register with Student Accommodations to receive academic support services if you have a documented disability.
  6. Change your residency if you plan on living near campus.
    If your welcome letter indicated you will be joining us as an out-of-district or out-of-state student, visit our tuition and fees webpage for more information on residency.